Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14- Concert

We went a concert last night. Drove two hours one way to see the band Kutless. This is one of our favorite bands. This time Mom came prepared! I had a headset for him to wear!

We had an awesome time. Concerts for us are fun, but physically draining for myself. He wants to go, but the noise is often to loud for him. So, I end up holding him the entire time. It's not that bad, but he does weigh fifty pounds. I have to be organized enough to wear cloths that can be pulled on (usually a t-shirt), carry very little into the concert and be rested enough to hold him.

It's a workout to hold him the whole time, but very rewarding. I have the opportunity to 'catch' him singing. When he thinks no one is looking he will sing along with the songs that he knows. It takes him less than one line to figure out if he knows the song or not. Once he figures out his eyes light up and he says, "Mom, this song is on K Lub!" (KLOVE)

They have a new album out that is a worship album. One of my favorite songs is "That's What Faith Can Do."

"I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains, Hope that doesn’t ever end, Even when the sky is falling, I’ve seen miracles just happen, Silent prayers get answered, Broken hearts become brand new, That’s what faith can do"
~~Kutless

The chorus is so moving to me. No matter how far the sky has fallen in the past year, we have never given up hope. I know that there will be new dreams built and they will move mountains that I didn't even see coming.

And I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment