Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6- Taking a Break

Last night my oldest son asked me to make Texas shaped waffles in our waffle maker for breakfast.

I agreed,knowing the following conversation was fixing to occur.

"NO!!!! YOU KNOW I AM TAKING A BREAK FROM DOUGHNUTS AND WAFFLES!!!!!"

"Yes, son I know."

"Well what are you going to fix ME for breakfast?"

"Why should I fix you anything different?"

"MOM! You know... I am taking a break from waffles."

"I know."

"Well."

"Son, you have a choice, waffles or cereal. I am not fixing two different breakfasts."

"No FAIR!"

"Sorry honey, he asked first."

"Fine, I will eat Lucky Charms." (Crossing his arms and hanging his head he heads to bed)

My question is this.... What six year old takes a break from doughnuts and waffles?

The answer is MY six year old.

One morning back in September he woke up with doughnuts on the table from Daddy. Although we are not sure what caused it, he looked at the doughnuts and informed us that he indeed was taking a break from them and waffles. He use to LOVE them. He would eat cherry long johns, two of them, every time we bought doughnuts. When he told us of this change in his diet we didn't think very much of it. When I made waffles he would eat two or even three of them.

How long could a break from doughnuts possibly last? A week? The next time we decide to buy them? So far it's lasted for five months. He has had PLENTY of opportunities to eat doughnuts and waffles and every single time he has refused.

Silently I have set a goal, by the end of the year I want to be done with the break from doughnuts and waffles.

After all, what seven year old doesn't eat doughnuts and waffles?

No comments:

Post a Comment